W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > April 2011

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-04-07: Issues, Surveys, Decisions and Publications

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:34:15 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
CC: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <104E6B5B6535E849970CDFBB1C5216EB3D2FDFCE@TK5EX14MBXC136.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes here -> http://www.w3.org/2011/04/07-html-wg-minutes.html


- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

07 Apr 2011

 Agenda

Attendees

Present: Radhika_Roy, dsinger, Julian, Paul_Cotton, Sam, hober, Michael_Cooper, eliot, adrianba, +1.732.859.aaaa, Cynthia_Shelly, Dzung_Tran
Regrets: Gregory_Rosmaita
Chair: Paul Cotton
Scribe: Adrian Bateman

Contents

Topics
1.ACTION items due by Thursday, April 7
2.New Issues This Week
3.Items Closed Last Week
4.Items Closing This Week
5.Items Closing Next Week
6.New Calls this week
7.New Surveys this week
8.Decisions this week
9.Other Business
10.Chair and Scribe for next meeting
11.Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ACTION items due by Thursday, April 7

paulc: there are none

New Issues This Week

paulc: there are none

Items Closed Last Week

ISSUE-145?

<trackbot> ISSUE-145 -- use of "codecs" parameter -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/145

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-145: use of "codecs" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: had a cfc that closed mar 30

ISSUE-131?

<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: had a straw poll for objections closed mar 31

ISSUE-161?

<trackbot> ISSUE-161 -- Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/161

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-161: Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: had a cfc closed apr 1
 ... 161 appears later under decisions
 ... had a series of straw polls closed

ISSUE-27?

<trackbot> ISSUE-27 -- @rel value ownership, registry consideration -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-27: @rel value ownership, registry consideration - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-144?

<trackbot> ISSUE-144 -- <u> should be conforming -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/144

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-144: should be conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-155?

<trackbot> ISSUE-155 -- make <table border="1" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"> conforming -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/155

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-155: make conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-147?

<trackbot> ISSUE-147 -- playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent can't play back at the requested rate -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-147: playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent cant play back at the requested rate - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: for issue-31 and issue-80, three straw polls were opened - all closed on apr 5

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12427] User interface of spatial media fragment URI in <img> or <video> resource, or in browser navigation <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Apr/0133.html>

ISSUE-31?

<trackbot> ISSUE-31 -- Author conformance requirements for the alt attribute on images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-31: Author conformance requirements for the alt attribute on images - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-80?

<trackbot> ISSUE-80 -- document conformance and device dependent display of title attribute content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-80: document conformance and device dependent display of title attribute content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: about validation, requirements, and spec text

Items Closing This Week

paulc: none

Items Closing Next Week

paulc: none

New Calls this week

paulc: no new calls this week

New Surveys this week

paulc: and no new surveys this week
 ... i will point forward and note that issue-152 survey is still pending
 ... i believe it is the only issue where we haven't issued a survey

Decisions this week

paulc: we have two

ISSUE-32?

<trackbot> ISSUE-32 -- how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted navigation? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32

paulc: table summary - resolved

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0091.html

ISSUE-161?

<trackbot> ISSUE-161 -- Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/161

paulc: cfc where there were no objections - the chairs therefore resolved by unanimous consent

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0016.html

Other Business

paulc: we had two cfc for publishing working drafts
 ... the first was for our eight heartbeat drafts
 ... mike can you give us an update

MikeSmith: all of the WDs were published and the announcement went out yesterday

<paulc> News item: http://www.w3.org/News/2011#entry-9056

paulc: we also had a cfc for a FPWD

MikeSmith: that is waiting for one of the chairs to send a transition request
 ... plh is travelling but there is nothing to prevent this happening next tuesday
 ... we also need ian jacobs as the comm team lead

paulc: we also need a short name - do we have one?

MikeSmith: no, we should take time now to select one
 ... maybe html-a11y-mappings?

<MikeSmith> html-a11y-mappings

<hober> maybe html-a11y-map?

janina: i think that's a good suggestion

<MikeSmith> hober's choice is shorter, MichaelC's is good too

<paulc> The motion to publish was in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0114.html

MikeSmith: we converging on something relatively short - html-aapi-map
 ... any objections?

cyns: we don't need map in there

<rubys> +1

paulc: we will send the transition request after the meeting
 ... thanks Mike from the WG for getting this done for 8 drafts
 ... we know it's a lot of work

RESOLUTION: html-aapi is the short name for the new FPWD

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0127.html

rubys: another piece of new business - the call for new HTML ideas

paulc: i think your e-mail gave the short history
 ... when we were rechartered, the new charter suggested that we can start to think about new features for HTML.next
 ... the chairs have decided to open up a wiki to collect new feature requests
 ... this has nothing to do with the items tracking for LC
 ... this is purely for features for a new version of HTML
 ... moving on to 9c
 ... this is ISSUE-152 and LC schedule

ISSUE-152?

<trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152

<paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0759.html

paulc: i just wanted to step through this in case anyone has questions
 ... as of tuesday this week all surveys are done except for issue-152
 ... we announced a 3 week extension to process issue-152 - we had a number of requests from WG members for time to consolidate the 4 proposals down
 ... the media sub-group's meeting minutes suggest progress towards consolidation

janina: we have added a second weekly telcon to double our efforts and stay on track

paulc: for task force reports next week where we will have only one week left, i think 152 will be the most important issue to cover

janina: i will definitely make sure to cover it

paulc: we're moving towards a very tight timeline for getting the LC drafts out
 ... we're trying to encourage the editors to start battling through their backlog of decisions
 ... some of these issues are more than 30 days old
 ... we intend to have a survey for LC almost immediately after the survey for 152 closes
 ... at this point we'll want to do a survey for moving to last call
 ... if there is a positive response from the WG then we would publish the decision on may 22 with the LC publication on may 24
 ... i want to impress upon members that this is the WG working really nicely
 ... we have conflicting goals with getting into last call and giving the WG time to make decisions
 ... this is the chairs trying to balance those

Chair and Scribe for next meeting

paulc: it is maciej's turn to chair next week

rubys: if i'm not chairing then i'm okay to scribe

Adjournment

paulc: we can adjourn

Summary of Action Items
 [End of minutes]

-----Original Message-----
From: public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:27 PM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-04-07: Issues, Surveys, Decisions and Publications

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on 2011-04-07 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/206f

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: Adrian Bateman

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, April 7

None

2. New Issues This Week:

None

3. Items Closed Last Week

a) ISSUE-145: codecs-vs-octet, Call for Consensus closed Mar 30
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0755.html

b) ISSUE-131: caret-location-API, Straw Poll for Objections closed Mar 31
http://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-131-objection-poll/

c) ISSUE-161: accessibility-api-mapping, Call for Consensus closed Apr 1
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0016.html 

d) ISSUE-27: rel-ownership, Straw Poll for Objections closed Apr 1
http://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-27-objection-poll/results

e) ISSUE-144: conforming-u, Straw Poll for Objections closed Apr 4
http://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-144-objection-poll/results

f) ISSUE-155: table-border, Straw Poll for Objections closed Apr 4
http://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-155-objection-poll/results

g) ISSUE-147: playbackrate-undefined, Straw Poll for Objections closed Apr 5
http://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-147-objection-poll/results

h) ISSUE-31: missing-alt/ISSUE-80 title-alternative, Straw Polls for Objections - closed Apr 5
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-31-80-validation-objection-poll/
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-31-80-requirements-objection-poll/
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-31-81-verbiage-objection-poll/

4. Items Closing This Week

None

5. Items Closing Next Week

None

6. New Calls this week

None

7. New Surveys this week

None

8. Decisions this week

a) ISSUE-32: table-summary
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0091.html

b) ISSUE-161: accessibility-api-mapping
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0016.html 

9. Other Business

a) CfC: Publish eight heartbeat drafts as WDs 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0576.html

b) CfC: Publish a first public WD
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0591.html 

c) ISSUE-152 survey and Last Call schedule
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0759.html 

10. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

11. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.26.46.79.03, +44.203.318.0479
code: HTML (4865)
Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80


Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Thursday, 7 April 2011 16:36:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:17:27 GMT