Re: ISSUE-27 survey feedback, was: Responses to objections to the Microformats rel registry CP

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 12:18:57 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 07.04.2011 11:26, Henri Sivonen wrote:

>>> As we have seen in the past couple of months since your email, the IANA
>>> registry hasn't caught up to the existing-rel-values page of the
>>> Microformats wiki. For instance, it still doesn't document rel=pingback.
>>
>> Because we haven't got a spec that the designated experts (including
>> myself) consider stable enough; note that this affect both content and
>> location.
>
> This is ridiculous. The pingback spec has been stable in terms of both
> content and location since 2002.
>
> I think this should be treated as evidence that the procedures at IANA
> (as implemented by the current Designated Experts at least) don't work.

Um, sorry. What I *meant* to say is: "note that this affects the
location of the spec, not the content". Sorry for the confusion. Of
course the contents of the spec has been stable for a long time.

The real problem here is that the location of the spec depends on the
domain maintained by a single individual; please check the mailing list
thread around
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00054.html>.

Best regards, Julian