Re: Request for HTML.next ideas

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 00:26:37 -0700
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>

On Apr 6, 2011, at 11:42 PM, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 14:07 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> At this time, I would like to request that people capture their ideas
>> here:
>>
>>   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/HTML.next
>>
>> Ideas don't need to be fully fleshed out.  In fact, in many cases a
>> simple pointer to a proposal or even a discussion hosted elsewhere is
>> all that is needed at this time.
>
> I think it's very sad that the request for ideas didn't tell suggesters
> to state use cases and that the ideas on wiki page that don't link to
> elsewhere currently don't state any use cases.

Use cases are of course welcome. It's even ok to propose use cases that may admit a range of solutions without explicitly proposing one.

However, this list should be thought of as brainstorming, so the standards are lower than they would be for actual actionable proposals. It is not expected that everything in this list will make it into the spec or even into the charter.

Regards,
Maciej