Re: hixie: Adding the <s> element to the language. (whatwg r5561)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:04:28 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On 30.09.2010 13:52, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> That would imply be'ing cc'd on all bug changes, right?
>
> Isn't this the reason why bugzilla spams public-html: To make every participant of the group aware of all filed bugs without CCing?

Probably.

But I do not believe Bugzilla was configured like that when the bug was
raised (early April).

> (It should have been clear from the bug summary without being CCed for later bug comments that if FIXED, the bug would result in<s>,<strike>  or both becoming conforming.)

Yes. If I had been aware of the bug, it would have been clear.

I wasn't, because the notification mails that I get did not mention the
bug, and I wasn't aware that the checkin comment in the WHATWG SVN might
have more details. Now I am aware of that, and will check it next time
something surprises me.

Best regards, Julian