Re: xml:space

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:21:16 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: public-html@w3.org, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On 28.09.2010 15:14, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> So are you saying that xml:space can be used everywhere, and can be
>> both
>> "preserve" and "default"?
>>
>> As far as I can tell, that would be an incompatible change from XHTML1
>> as well.
>
> Surely not more incompatible than e.g.<video>  being conforming.

Yup.

I have no problem making an a backwards-compatible change. But claiming
that there is no change is not helpful.

So, the options are:

1) Forbid it, by not including it in the global attributes.

2) Keep it as per XHTML, by adding it to the global attributes (for XML).

3) Extend it (as per 2).

For 1) and 3), we should state the change in the Differences document.

I personally think that 2) would make sense, but I wouldn't object to 3).

Best regards, Julian