Re: HTML WG: ISSUE-120 Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 19:08:29 -0400
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, nathan@webr3.org, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 09/23/2010 06:21 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 23.09.2010 22:04, Ian Hickson wrote:
>> what their position is on adding this to new features). IMHO there's
>> not really much point discussing features that browser vendors aren't
>> willing to implement.
>
> Are you saying that for this use case, browser vendors are more
> important like, for instance, search engines?

Julian: can you convert this statement into one that points out a
specific feature of HTML5 that breaks, for example, search engines?

What we need to be focusing on now is specific bug reports (what does
the current HTML5 and/or RDFa definitions break?) and concrete proposals
(what problems does HTML5 and/or RDFa not currently solve and what
changes could be made to address them?).

> Best regards, Julian

- Sam Ruby