Re: Putting limits on formatting element growth

Le 14 sept. 2010 à 04:30, Adam Barth a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:
>> limits the outer loop of the old AAA to 5 iterations.
>> Any particular reason why the new implementation limits the outer AAA loop to 10 iterations instead?
>
> The new AAA is much, much faster than the old one.  We just bumped the
> limit because we could without hanging.

Is there a sweet spot? A distribution of speed versus number of iterations might show something an explosive growth or not. The time a human would wait for the page to be rendered is a way to find the right time number. More than 10 seconds and users are leaving [1]

[1]: http://www.useit.com/alertbox/response-times.html

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada