Re: Report on testing of the link relations registry

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:10 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> Those differences of opinion and the resulting conflicts would not go away
> if we changed from a formal RA to a Wiki.

IANA doesn't need to change. It's fine for IANA to continue with a policy of
registering only types that are "properly registered" according to some
criteria.

We just need an additional database that documents types in use, for the
benefit of browser implementors, Web authors, and would-be creators of MIME
types. Conflict solved.

Rob