Re: Report on testing of the link relations registry

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 19:03:42 +0000 (UTC)
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org
On Wed, 1 Sep 2010, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Ian, would you consider re-submitting the application data registration
> using this set of fields?

No, my experience was far too painful. I really don't see any value in
using an IANA registry for this at this point. The Microformats wiki seems
quite sufficient and orders of magnitude easier to deal with (there's no
need to wait for someone to approve a tentative registration, for example,
you can just edit the wiki and be done; updates can be done as needed,
there's no restriction on who can do it; there's far more focus on real
world deployment than theoretical spec stability; there's an active
community updating the registry on their own without needing people to
submit applications for approval, etc).