RE: Executing script-inserted external scripts in insertion order

From: Steven Roussey <sroussey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 10:39:36 -0700
To: "'Getify'" <getify@gmail.com>, "'public html'" <public-html@w3.org>
> see some discussion over it. Definitely has some semantic advantages over
> the main "async=false" proposal, but would obviously be more complicated
> to spec and to implement.

Thanks for that. Just as an additional note, the idea of script inserted
script and parser inserted script become one and the same: you can think of
the parser inserting the whole html "at once" and thus the script tags are
serialized. Which is the same thing as inserting an element with several
script tag children -- they are added "at once" and thus are serialized.
Simply adding one script element at a time is inserting it "at once" so it
only serializes with itself.

<scriptgroup> would make for handy semantics for web dev tutorials(I like
the idea, but about to play devil's advocate), but it is not really a
requirement unless script tags are forbidden outside the <head>.

Thanks for considering a different tack on the whole issue.

-steve--