Re: getting rid of callers

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:27:51 +0000 (UTC)
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, public-html@w3.org
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010, L. David Baron wrote:
> I don't think we should standardize every browser maker's failed (due to
> lack of adoption) experiments at feature additions just because the
> browser maker won't remove them.

I agree, but the question is whether in this case there really is a lack
of adoption (in content), or whether on the contrary, non-IE browsers are
being disadvantaged because they don't support this feature. I agree that
if the content using this is insignificant, that we should drop the
feature, but then why would Microsoft not want to simplify their code and
drop it also?