Re: ISSUE-122 (shalott-example) - Expanded scope and Call for Counter-Proposals

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:24:11 +0000 (UTC)
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> After further discussion, the Chairs thing it would make more sense to
> expand this issue to apply to all WG deliverables, including the HTML5
> draft. This raises a few issues:
>
> 1) This was not duly indicated to the WG in advance. So we're not going
> to hold to the call for consensus.
>
> 2) The Change Proposal submitted does not express the relevant changes
> to the HTML5 draft, it only gives detail for the alt-requirements draft.
> Therefore it needs to be revised.
>
> 3) Since the null change proposal would, upon updating, call for a
> change, we expect there will be new interest in writing
> counter-proposals.
>
> Therefore, please submit counter-proposals, alternate proposals and
> revised proposals for this issue by November 27, with the understanding
> that it applies to all HTML WG publications.

Even as the raiser of this issue, I have no idea what the scope of this
issue is. When I raised it, it was an editorial issue with an example in a
specific draft. That example doesn't exist in any other draft.

Could someone explain what problem this issue actually refers to now? What
bug is it escalated from?