ACTION-188: Check on the status of the request for spec additions

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:56:21 +0000
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
CC: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
This is a status report on ACTION-188: "Check on the status of the request for spec additions". I believe we can now close ACTION-188.

a) The indicated sections have been incorporated.

b) The work to make the these sections technology neutral is not complete.  Bug reports are encouraged in order to enable further progress.

c) Meanwhile, the following HTML5 spec text sections have been marked as blocking progress to last call:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/video.html#the-track-element

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/video.html#timed-tracks
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#timed-tracks-0

See also: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0524.html