Re: a new tablist element ?

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Aurélien Levy <aurelien.levy@free.fr> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> One of the most used navigation design pattern on website or application is
> tabs.
> So I'm wondering why there isn't a new html5 element to manage that instead
> of ARIA/XUL/dl/ul, etc
>
> Maybe we can have something like :
> <tl>
> <ti></ti>
> <tc></tc>
> <ti></ti>
> <tc></tc>
> <ti></ti>
> <tc></tc>
> </tl>
>
> or with attribute
>
> <tl>
> <ti id="xxx"></ti>
> <ti id="zzz"></ti>
> <ti id="yyy"></ti>
> <tc for="xxx"></tc>
> <tc for="zzz"></tc>
> <tc for="yyy"></tc>
> </tl>
>
> detailed specifications for these elements can be taken from the ARIA spec
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-wai-aria-20100916/roles#tab

I think it's a little bit too late to add new elements into HTML 5.

Your first proposal might be a nightmare to handle in CSS (smells like
absolute positioning to me).

The second one is more friendly, but I wonder how to include
"navigation links" (ie next/previous tab) inside this...

--
Olivier G.
http://identi.ca/lespacedunmatin