Re: Executing script-inserted external scripts in insertion order

From: Getify <getify@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 00:40:21 -0500
To: "public html" <public-html@w3.org>
?> Maybe
> we should try to address the use case directly rather than trying to
> hack around with the async attribute?

I'm confused as to why this proposal seems illogical or "hacky". Here's how
it seems to work cleanly in my mind:

Regardless of whether the script is inserted by the parser or by another
script, if you want a set of scripts to behave "asynchronous" (that is,
execute each in the set "as soon as possible") then you set `async=true`. If
you want them to behave "non-asynchronous" (that is, execute each in
insertion order), you set `async=false`.

That seems quite logical and defendable to me, and is far more intuitive to
me than introducing other attributes. What's *not* logical to me is that
script-inserted scripts currently ASSUME `async=true` behavior (but yet do
NOT expose such a property), and moreover give no way to override that
behavior.

--Kyle