Re: User properties (expando) on a form

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:52:33 +1300
To: public-html@w3.org
Steven Roussey:
> The situation is this: given a form element and a user property set on
> it, when enumerating the properties of the form should the user
> property be included. As a matter of current implementations,
> IE/Opera/WebKit say yes, Gecko says no. Can someone steer me to the
> appropriate sections of the spec? Much appreciated.

I think it certainly makes sense to enumerate the property.  The basis
for this in specifications would be that Web IDL (as yet unfinished)
requires the standard [[Put]] internal method on an instance of
HTMLFormElement, which would result in an enumerable property being
defined own the object.

If Object.defineProperty(formElement, 'blah', { enumerable: false, … })
were used, then it wouldn’t be enumerable.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/