Re: Executing script-inserted external scripts in insertion order

On Oct 8, 2010, at 11:35 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 10/8/10 2:24 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Whether or not we added Henri's proposed opt-in feature, it seems like HTML5 should specify the IE/WebKit behavior for unknown type attribute, unless there is some compelling reason to go with the Gecko behavior.
>
> There sort of is... The gecko behavior doesn't involve making a network request for data you then plan to do nothing with, right?  Whereas the IE/Webkit behavior involves doing just that, as far as I can see.

Is it common to use unknown script types on external scripts for purposes other than preloading the script (as these libraries seem to do)? I guess there might be pages with unconditional includes of vbscript, but I don't know how typical this is.

Regards,
Maciej