RE: i18n Polyglot Markup/attr values (6th issue)

The editor's draft of 8 October now has the following:

Section 6.3, Case Sensitivity, starts like this:

[]
The following guidelines apply to any usage of element names, attribute names, or attribute values in markup, script, or CSS. Polyglot markup uses lower case letters for all ASCII letters. For non-ASCII letters--such as Greek, Cyrillic, or non-ASCII Latin letters--polyglot markup respects case sensitivity as it is called for.
[]

And 6.3.3, Attribute Values, has been changed it to this:

[]
Polyglot markup uses lowercase letters for the values of the attributes in the following list when they exist on HTML elements. More specifically, where required, polyglot markup must use lower case letters for all ASCII letters in these attribute values; however, polyglot markup respects case sensitivity for non-ASCII letters such as Greek, Cyrillic, or non-ASCII Latin letters. For attribute values on HTML elements other than those in the following list, polyglot markup may use mixed case letters.

Because XML is case sensitive, polyglot markup also requires case to be consistent for values between markup, DOM APIs, and CSS. In addition, polyglot markup respects the case sensitivity of all other attribute values. Although polyglot markup must always have lowercase values of the attributes in the following list when they exist on HTML elements, attributes not in this list and attributes on non-HTML elements may have values made of mixed case letters. Note that other specifications, such as RDFa, may place additional restrictions on the allowed values of certain attributes.
[]

I believe that this clarifies the text and answers the concerns in this thread, and I have therefore resolved bug 10153.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Eliot