Re: Executing script-inserted external scripts in insertion order

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:25:30 -0400
To: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
CC: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 10/8/10 12:52 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
> I worry that figuring out when scripts execute is already pretty
> complicated (e.g., with aync and defer).  I didn't follow how the
> "ordered" property helps you solve the "labjs prevents Gecko from
> complying with HTML5" problem.

If the property existed, the HTML5 spec would say that "ordered" scripts
need to execute in insertion order, while others execute as soon as
they're ready.  Then labjs would set "ordered" on the scripts it uses,
and get the behavior it wants, while most scripts out there would do
what the spec says to do now.

Was that really unclear from what Henri said?

-Boris