Re: Missing prose in tables section for tbody-less tables

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:00:59 +0200, Daniel Glazman
> Currently working on BlueGriffon, I discovered the Tables section [1]
> misses some prose to say that when <table> has no <tbody> element,
> the user agent must create at least one <tbody> and put the <tr>
> elements parsed as direct children of <table> in that <tbody>.
>
> The current content description for table handles the following case

> but does not say what to do with it. All the Web's scripts rely on
> the fact a tbody container for the rows is created in that case.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/tabular-data.html#the-table-element

This is handled in the parsing and syntax section. Note that in XHTML you
can create a <table> without a <tbody> so we do need to handle that case.
(In HTML you could too, via the DOM.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/