Re: Change Proposal for ISSUE-127

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 30.11.2010 00:53, Ian Hickson wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 Nov 2010, Julian Reschke wrote:
> > >
> > > Removal of an unused degree of freedom in defining link relations;
> > > consistency with link relations in other contexts.
> >
> > It just removes one unused degree of freedom in favour of another (instead
> > of<a>  and<area>  always being the same, it separates them out so in
> > theory they could be different), while simultaneously making the spec
>
> Then let's just state that with respect to this, <a> and <area> always are
> treated the same (thus <area> wouldn't need to be mentioned).

Why can't we just say that new link relations allowed on both <link> and
<a>/<area> must not be defined to mean different things? That would be a
far less invasive change than your CP suggests and yet would be equivalent
to what you're suggesting would be sufficient for the equivalent problem
with your proposal.

> > more complicated (it increases the verbosity of the table in the link
> > types section).
>
> I'm not concerned with the complexity of the table, but with the
> complexity of the feature it defines.

Your proposal doesn't change any normative implementation or author
requirements, so it obviously has zero effect on the feature's complexity.