Re: hgroup and ARIA outline in ISSUE-129 [Was: SSUE-129: replace or modify the ARIA section of the HTML5 spec - chnage proposal and replacement spec text]

Hi Benjamin,

looking at this futher I have come to the conclusion that the hgroup element
should not have any default role as its only purpose is in relation to
hiding sub headings from the outline algorithm. When a page is presented to
user a in the browsing context any heading elements the hgroup contains
should be presented with their semantics intact. The semantics of the hgroup
is not relevant in this context.

For the purposes of the outline algorithm the default role mapping to
accessibility APIs appears irrelevant.

thoughts?

regards
Stevef