Re: proposal: drop bugzilla@jessica.w3.org emails from public-html human lists

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> HTML WG:
>
> I propose that we drop the cc'ing from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org
> to public-html lists that are used by/for humans for discussion.
>
> At a minimum: public-html@w3.org and public-html-a11y@w3.org.
>
> I've occasionally looked at the bugzilla@jessica emails and found that
> they're basically noise.
>
> In the interests of providing less noise/pain to people on the lists
> in general, let's stop cc'ing the lists with bugzilla@jessica.w3.org
> and any other robot emails.
>
> Anyone that wants to keep up with specific bug edits (the special
> case) can simply use the bugzilla interface directly and be notified
> of changes to particular bugs that they're interested in.  No need to
> burden everyone with this.
>
> If there are a non-trivial number of people that prefer to get robot
> emails, perhaps we can setup public-html-robots for such automatic
> notifications.
>
> Thanks for your consideration,

We used to have bugzilla emails *not* go to the list and there was a
fair number of bugs filed that I never knew about and that went under
the radar. Since we've set up the current configuration I've cc'ed
myself to a few bugs which I've had interest in following thanks to
the initial email going to the list.

I guess I don't care much if emails go to public-html or to
public-html-robots, but I'll note that it's also fairly easy to set up
a filter that deletes/moves emails from bugzilla that are going to
public-html.

/ Jonas