Re: DL for CP on link registry at the W3C

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Here's the CP concluding the action assigned to me:
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/RelRegistryAtTheW3C

Seems like a good direction to go in, but I would suggest three changes:

 - Anyone should be able to correct information in the registry (e.g.
   linking to updated specifications, adding information about synonyms,
   marking a type as ratified, etc). In particular, making the process
   dependent on W3C staff seems to risk the same bottleneck problem that
   IANA registries suffer from. I'm find with W3C staff being in a
   moderator role to block people who abuse the tool.
 - There should be a way to get a change history for the registry.
 - There should be a notification mechanism when the history changes.

The last two points could be combined by simply e-mailing a list with
details of what changed whenever anything changes.