Re: HTML5 Profiles - First Editors Draft

Manu Sporny, Mon, 24 May 2010 21:56:47 -0400:
 …
 …
 …
>> PS: I prefer 'supersede" to be written with an "s" - see
 …
> Fixed.

Thanks! I would also suggest that Dublin Core HTML [DC-HTML] is brought
in as an usage example.

The DC-HTML spec defines itself as "an HTML meta data profile, as
defined by the HTML specification"[1] and requires the DC-HTML profile
URI to be present whenever the DC conventions "are used to represent a
DC metadata description set"[2].

For example, DC-HTML also knows about multiple profile URIs - see
section 1.2 [3] and the very profile attribute of the spec itself.
Thus, you could add "DC-HTML" after/before "RDFa" in this sentence:

]] * Provides errata for the profile attribute in HTML4 that brings it
in-line with current usage in Microformats, GRDDL and RDFa. [[

And, along with the other non-normative examples, you could provide a
non-normative DC-HTML example as well. The DC-HTML spec has many
examples[4] and shows how each of them can be represented as DC-TEXT[5]
and as RDF/XML[6].

[1] http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/#maincontent

[2] http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/#sect-4.1

[3] http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/#sect-1.2