Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs

"Leif Halvard Silli" <xn--mlform-iua@målform.no> wrote:

> > What KompoZer and NVu do is not a use case.
>
> The use case is "an in-document and editor independent signal to
> create polyglot HTML5".

I meant what you are trying to accomplish that can be helped by having an in-band indicator for requesting polyglot output from an editor.

> I will answer a question that is relevant to my position: "How does a
> <!DOCTYPE html 'polyglot-signal'> enable validation more quickly?"
> Answer: Anyone that is able to create a DTD can create a validation
> service today. A DTD is a schema. For e.g. Validator.nu, we must wait
> for your excellent work. (Yes, DTD validation is in some ways more
> superficial than Validator.nu.)

That's not so. With Validator.nu, you can use your custom RELAX NG and Schematron schemas. The parts of Validator.nu whose behavior can't be customized via RELAX NG are also uncustomizably via DTDs in DTD-based validators.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi