Re: Request for extensions for the upcoming change proposal deadlines

On May 17, 2010, at 2:38 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2010, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> On May 17, 2010, at 2:10 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>>>
>>> A large number of issues are coming up to deadlines for change
>>> proposals or counter proposals (89, 92, 103, 107, 109, and 111 through
>>> 115). I am likely to be interested in writing change proposals or
>>> counter-proposals for many of these, but I feel uncomfortable doing so
>>> when we have so many change proposals that have been written for which
>>> we have not seen an outcome. So far, we've only seen one issue for
>>> which I'd written a counter-proposal be decided by the chairs, and I
>>> don't really understand how that decision was made. I would like to
>>> request an extension on these deadlines until at least two more of the
>>> issues for which I have written counter-proposals (30, 31, 41, 56, 66,
>>> 80, 88) have been decided, so that I can use that experience to guide
>>> how to write further counter-proposals.
>>
>> In the past have declined to grant extensions that are unbounded or
>> triggered by some other action, rather than for a fixed amount of time.
>
> What is the deadline by which issues 30, 31, 41, 56, 66, 80, and 88 will
> be decided by the chairs?

There is no deadline, but we will continue to run surveys on issues that are ready and where discussion has settled. There are currently 7 issue surveys going, including one for issue 66. We probably won't start more until some of the current ones are done.

Note: WG members are always free to revise or even withdraw Change Proposals, so while it may be your preference to see more issues brought to a conclusion before you write more proposals, I cannot see how there is a hard dependency.

Regards,
Maciej