Re: //head/object

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toby Inkster" <tai@g5n.co.uk>
To: <public-html@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 12:52 AM
Subject: //head/object

> In HTML 4, <object> is allowed as a child of <head>. Not so in the
> current HTML5 draft.

More complexities are possible, but the <object declare> in the head
was not intended to be active, just used as a model or sort of
prototype or template for an <object> later actually appearing as
embedded content within the <body> ... </body>.
I had some examples of the way objectr declare should work if evver
but probably lost them when I realized it was not being implemented.

SInce this idea is clearly dropped from HTML5 and there is no related
HTML5 concept like this, then html5 browsers should not accept this
except as experimental so that people could get the important idea of
being able to declare an object structure in the head for later
instantiation using minimum code; only stuff that is different or
added from the declaration.

Thanks Again and Best Regards,
Joe