Re: Timed tracks

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>wrote:

> When CSS3 gets a little more mature, in say 10 years. Then TTML could
> migrate to it.

You won't be able to do that without breaking TTML content. But yes, one way
to make TTML more palatable would be to redefine TTML as a mapping into CSS.

> But to be clear, TTML is *defined* in terms of the semantics of XSL:FO,
> which is *defined* largely in terms of CSS; but it is its own thing, and it
> does not require either a full XSL:FO processor or a CSS one.

It requires a layout engine that behaves differently to CSS. I do not want
to add such an engine to Gecko, and I imagine other browser vendors feel the
same.

Rob
53:5-6]