Re: creating issues for non-published documents?

On Mar 30, 2010, at 11:04 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>
>> IQuestion: how can we raise something as an issue when the bug is
>> filed
>> against a document that's not even published by this group, yet?
>>
>> This seems really screwy. For instance, what would the issue block?
>> Not the HTML5 spec, would it?
>
> Each spec is blocked only by issues that apply to that spec.
>
> In the case of specs that have not yet been published as FPWD, it's
> not totally clear how to apply the bug process and the escalation
> process. My own inclination is that if an editor of a pre-FPWD
> document is willing to follow the bug process, then we should also
> let people raise issues, but the Chairs will probably not advance
> these issues through the formal process so long as the underlying
> document remains unpublished. However, I have not checked this
> thinking with my fellow co-Chairs, so take this as only a
> preliminary opinion.

The Chairs discussed this and agreed on the approach described above.
We are ok with issues being raised, but we will not run the remainder
of the escalation process for documents that are not (yet)
publications of the Working Group. If at some point Steve's document
is proposed and accepted as an HTML WG publication, then we will take
up these issues and treat them as duly escalated. The reason is that
we do not want to spend Working Group time on documents that we are
not publishing. We want to focus on our actual deliverables.

Regards,
Maciej