(unknown charset) Re: AuthConfReq: Presentational Markup

From: (unknown charset) Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:06:40 +0100
To: (unknown charset) "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: (unknown charset) Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Tab Atkins Jr., Sat, 27 Mar 2010 10:40:20 -0700:

> [...] Widely-used mistakes still have to be supported, but
> we can still say "Hey, this was a mistake.  Don't use it anymore.".
>
> Doing anything else is abdication of our duty to move the web forward.

If you were consistent, then you would at the very least insist on
using <span style="line-through"> or something like that, as the
replacement for <strike>.

However, you instead suggest that we can just re-interpretate <del> as
an element with both stylistic and editorial semantics and use that
element instead.

Thus, all that is left in your justification for removing <strike> is
an economical one - you think we can do with fewer elements.
--
leif halvard silli