Re: media element seek algorithm: don't throw

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> Can you ever evict past the current playback position? If so, what happens
> when you reach that point during playback?

For non-seekable resources we try very hard to not evict anything,
especially content after the current playback position, but in extreme cases
--- e.g., we need to free up space to allow other media elements to make
progress at all --- we will do that. If you reach the eviction point, we'll
have to reread the entire resource from the beginning to get to the needed
data.

Rob
53:5-6]