Re: Bug 7034

On 24 Mar 2010, at 10:17, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> According to MAMA: [1]
>
> ]]
> "Transitional" Doctype flavors dominated over their "strict" and
> "frameset" variants by more than 10 to 1.
> [[

Not every use of Transitional DOCTYPE equals use of presentational markup. Many authoring tools default to this DOCTYPE regardless of markup used.

Authors may choose Transitional and no presentational markup, because Strict is annoyingly too strict in some places, e.g. doesn't allow inline markup in <form> or <blockquote> elements (this is fixed in HTML5).

This was study of existing markup, which may include very old pages or pages generated by old software. I think we're concerned here more about future development, and acceptance of CSS today is higher than average page on the Internet may suggest.

--
regards, Kornel