Re: Bug 7034

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> Another possibility is to change parsing such that "...&copy=..." is not a
> hazard. I believe you had some evidence that this would fix more sites than
> it would break. It seems like it would also have the benefit of allowing us
> to make authoring rules more lenient in a beneficial way, without at the
> same time introducing undue complexity.

If at all possible, this is what I'd prefer.  I've never consciously
escaped an ampersand in a URL in my life (and luckily don't think that
I've ever run into a situation where it got interpreted as a named
entity).  I'd prefer, if possible, to continue avoiding escaping the
ampersand.  Unicode exists for a reason, after all.  If I want a
copyright symbol, I can just pop that character itself into the URL.

~TJ