Re: restrictions on blocks inside inlines (was Re: HTML5 Authoring Conformance Study)

Maciej Stachowiak, Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:39:44 -0700:
> On Mar 21, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

>> I did not say that <hn> was inline. Don't spread that rumour. ;-)
>>
>> But when you say that <caption> is not an inline, then what do you base
>> that on? CSS?
   [....]
>> According to HTML4 - and thus also according to XHTML1,
>> it is an inline.
>
> I was unable to find where HTML4 says the caption element is an
> inline-level element (it does say that it may only have inline
> children - which is a separate issue).

Ah. You are right. I am not clever at reading DTDs ... Sorry.

But then my questions about why <caption> may contain block level
elements while <hn> may not, just becomes more relevant.
--
leif halvard silli