Re: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility

On Mar 18, 2010, at 7:27 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> "Robert Ennals" <robert.ennals@intel.com> wrote:
>
>> It is often useful for people to define extensions to HTML. These may
>> be vendor-specific experiments for features that may eventually get
>> folded into the main HTML spec.
>
> How can the prefix ever be gotten rid of once deployed?

Have vendor-prefixed versions of CSS properties ever been gotten rid
of once deployed? (I honestly don't know - WebKit certainly supports
some versions of properties with a prefix that we have also supported
unprefixed for some time.)

Are there significant negative consequences from the continued
existence of vendor-prefixed CSS properties in implementations?

Regards,
Maciej