RE: TWO Change proposals for ISSUE-41 : Distributed Extensibility

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, Ennals, Robert wrote:

> I see no reason why this approach should not also support specs (like
> e.g. SVG or RDFa) that are not specific to one vendor, but are still not
> part of the base HTML spec.
>
> Assuming nobody squeals, I'll update my proposal along these lines.

Squeal! :-)

I think it would be terrible for standards to ask authors to use
attributes with hyphens and prefixes. Once something is established enough
to be a standard, there is simply no reason for us not to do it the right
way. Once you're already going through the standardisation process,
coordination with other working groups to make sure you don't clash is the
least of your problems.