Re: ISSUE-95 hidden - Chairs Solicit Proposals

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > If anyone has any suggestions of examples or anti-examples that could
> > be added to the spec to illustrate the correct interpretation of the
> > attribute, please feel free to file bugs. I'd be happy to elaborate on
> > the text in the spec, I just lack inspiration for how to do it in an
> > effective way. (It's easy to come up with examples that confuse more
> > than help.)
>
> A quick anti-example showing that it is *not* meant to be used to hide
> information from sighted users for accessibility purposes would be good
> (you already have one about tabbed interfaces, which is good because at
> first glance I'd have assumed it was appropriate for that). Something
> trivial involving "<a hidden href=#content>Skip to content</a>" would
> work.

I added a paragraph on that, but I haven't added the example itself.

Right now the section has way more about how _not_ to use hidden="" than
about how to use it. That's a bad balance. We should add more examples of
how hidden="" can be good. Suggestions welcome.