W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > March 2010

[minutes] HTML WG 2010004

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:37:13 -0500
To: public-html@w3.org
Message-Id: <1267724233.4959.93.camel@chacal>
Available at
 http://www.w3.org/2010/03/04-html-wg-minutes.html

Text version:

                      HTML Weekly Teleconference

04 Mar 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0089.html

Attendees

   Present
          Radhika_Roy, [Microsoft], Sam, Plh, MikeSmith, Mjs,
          Michael_Cooper, RobEnnals, Julian, adrianba, Cynthia_Shelly,
          Laura, Eliot_Graff

   Regrets
          Gregory_Rosmaita

   Chair
          Paul

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action Items Pending Review
         2. [5]ACTION items due by Thu Mar 4
         3. [6]Update on publishing new drafts
         4. [7]WG Decision Policy
         5. [8]Call For Consensus that close by Mar 4:
         6. [9]Call for Proposals that close by Thu Mar 4
         7. [10]Items that close next week
         8. [11]New Calls for Proposals/Consensus this Week
         9. [12]New Calls for Counter Proposals this Week
        10. [13]New Issues This Week
        11. [14]Scribe for next meeting
        12. [15]Adjournment
     * [16]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Action Items Pending Review

   action-171?

   <trackbot> ACTION-171 -- Larry Masinter to update URL change
   proposal to address rationale for rejecting bug -- due 2010-02-26 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/171

     [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/171

   action-172?

   <trackbot> ACTION-172 -- Larry Masinter to insure Change Proposal
   for ISSUE-4 (versioning) also covers ISSUE-84 (legacy doctype) --
   due 2010-02-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/172

     [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/172

   close action-171

   <trackbot> ACTION-171 update URL change proposal to address
   rationale for rejecting bug closed

   close action-172

   <trackbot> ACTION-172 Insure Change Proposal for ISSUE-4
   (versioning) also covers ISSUE-84 (legacy doctype) closed

ACTION items due by Thu Mar 4

   action-165?

   <trackbot> ACTION-165 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to draft a proposal
   for accessibility of canvas due 25 Feb 2010 -- due 2010-03-04 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/165

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/165

   Paul: wasn't clear from last week minutes about the status. any
   update?

   Mike: talked about it on the html-a11y call today.

   Paul: we need a realistic date for when something would come forward
   to the WG

   Mike: ... trying to estimate ...
   ... let's push another 4 weeks

   <scribe> [New date is April 5]

   action-170?

   <trackbot> ACTION-170 -- Janina Sajka to update A11Y timeline for
   tracker related issues -- due 2010-03-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/170

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/170

   Paul: Mike, can Janina attend next week meeting?

   Mike: will do

   Paul: for those issues that are in the domain of the TF, what are
   the ETAs?
   ... please enumerate the issues and give us an ETA
   ... email is enough

   Mike: ok

   <MikeSmith> action-170?

   <trackbot> ACTION-170 -- Janina Sajka to update A11Y timeline for
   tracker related issues -- due 2010-03-11 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/170

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/170

   <MichaelC> [22]Issues HTML A11Y TF is working on

     [22] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Work_Topics

Update on publishing new drafts

   Paul: we have 5 drafts and a diff document
   ... plh, what's the status?

   plh: all docs are ready except markup language

   Mike: markup language will be done in 5 minutes

   Paul: I took the content in the original pubreq

   Paul: Should md be microdata?

   Mike: we're getting in sync. This is all resolved ie. alignment of
   short names with current drafts

   Paul: please send an email with the correct links to public-html
   once published

WG Decision Policy

   <paulc> Decision policy bug list: [23]http://tinyurl.com/ygc6uw8

     [23] http://tinyurl.com/ygc6uw8

   Paul: there is a list of outstanding bugs on the decision policy and
   the chairs didn't make progress on them yet.
   ... some commentaries on several of the bugs in the last 48 hours.
   some discussion in the interpretation, like what the open state
   means. pending item on the chairs.
   ... the chairs have spent the last 2 weeks getting the publication
   done and did't progress on the policy.

Call For Consensus that close by Mar 4:

   --> [24]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

   issue-1?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-1 -- hyperlink auditing requires use of unsafe HTTP
   method -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/1

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/1

   issue-2?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-2 -- Practicability of UI requirements for
   hyperlink auditing -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/2

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/2

   <paulc>
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0795.htm
   l

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0795.html

   Paul: both CfC on issue 1 and 2 didn't raise objections.
   ... we've seen a counter proposal but it seems ok to drop this
   feature from HTML5

   Resolved: ping and hyperlink auditing are removed

   ISSUE-1 and ISSUE-2 are resolved

   <rubys> close issue-1

   <trackbot> ISSUE-1 hyperlink auditing requires use of unsafe HTTP
   method closed

   close issue-2

   <trackbot> ISSUE-2 Practicability of UI requirements for hyperlink
   auditing closed

   issue-55?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-55 -- head/@profile missing, but used in other
   specifications/formats -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/55

     [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/55

   <paulc>
   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0794.htm
   l

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0794.html

   Paul: we got a proposal to address the issue without changing the
   html5 spec.
   ... proposal is to close the issue for now.
   ... we'll get an extension proposal at a later time
   ... Julian, do you want an action item for that?

   Julian: that seems appropriate by the end of the month

   <scribe> ACTION: Julian to follow-up on defining and extending the
   profile attribute [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-175 - Follow-up on defining and extending
   the profile attribute [on Julian Reschke - due 2010-03-11].

   due on April 5

   close issue-55

   <trackbot> ISSUE-55 head/@profile missing, but used in other
   specifications/formats closed

   Maciej: we shouldn't close issue 1 and issue 2 until the spec
   changes are made

   Paul: want to move them to pending review

   Maciej: sure

   plh: done

   Maciej: will send a reply announcing the change

Call for Proposals that close by Thu Mar 4

   issue-74?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-74 -- How accessibility works for <canvas> is
   unclear. -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74

     [31] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-74 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   Paul: we dealt with along with action 165

Items that close next week

   issue-66?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-66 -- image analysis heuristics -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/66

     [32] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/66

   Paul: we have a change proposal for issue 66. we need a counter
   proposal or objection by next week

   <Laura>
   [33]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Accessibility_Change_Proposal
   _Status

     [33] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Accessibility_Change_Proposal_Status

   Paul: change proposal is to remove the image heuristic paragraph

   Janina: I don't think we'll argue to put it back

   Paul: might want to raise that to the a11y TF

New Calls for Proposals/Consensus this Week

   Paul: the chairs added 10 items on the change proposal status page
   ... ISSUE-9, ISSUE-27, ISSUE-79, ISSUE-99, ISSUE-101
   ... ISSUE-102, ISSUE-104

   <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9188] New: Fix the references in the txt
   version to have URLs.
   <11[34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010
   Mar/0025.html>

     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Mar/0025.html

   <Laura> ISSUE 9 video-accessibility due April 5, 2010

   Julian: I submitted a change proposal for issue-101

   <Julian>
   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0084.htm
   l

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0084.html

New Calls for Counter Proposals this Week

   Paul: I separated out ISSUE-56. we have a change proposal and the
   chairs issued a one month call for counter proposal
   ... it's due April 5 as well

New Issues This Week

   Paul: no new issues

Scribe for next meeting

   Sam: it will my turn to chair

   Paul: I'll scribe then

Adjournment

   Paul:Note that NA goes onto DST after next week's meeting. We're
   changing time in on March 18 and 25 in North America

   <janina> Suggest putting a world clock uri in the agenda a la A11y
   TF

   Paul: please adjust your time slot in Europe and Asia

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Julian to follow-up on defining and extending the
   profile attribute [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 4 March 2010 17:37:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:15 UTC