Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals)

Maciej wrote:

> Speaking for myself and not necessarily my co-chairs (because I haven't
> asked their opinion): What I would prefer to see is that we resolve the
> issue based on some initial proposals, and then submit any proposals for
> further improvement via the bug process. If the bug process turns out to be
> insufficient for any further proposed improvements, then those specific
> improvements can be escalated to their own tracker issues.
> I do not think it is wise to continue recycling the same tracker issue for
> multiple rounds of changes. Handling things that way would lead to an issue
> that just stays open indefinitely.

>From my reading of the HTML Working Group Decision Policy [1]:

* Open Tracker Issues are issues with someone working on a change proposal [2].

* If the change proposal is not done by the deadline, the issue will
be closed without prejudice and DEFERRED to the NEXT VERSION of HTML.

* An issue that is closed without prejudice in this way can only be
re-raised with approval of the HTML Chairs. It is an ENDPOINT for the
escalation process.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html
[2] The default deadline to complete a Change Proposal is ONE MONTH
from the time someone volunteers. The chairs may grant a longer
deadline for complex issues on request.

--
Laura L. Carlson