Re: Change Proposal for ISSUE-101 (us-ascii-ref)

On 03.03.2010 18:16, Edward O'Connor wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
>> 2. Negative Effects
>>
>> None.
>
> I think you've missed at least one negative effect: as far as I can
> tell, ANSI.X3-4.1986 isn't freely available and linkable online. At
> least, I haven't been able to find a copy that the spec could link to.

- RFC 1345 does not define ASCII, and it's not really helpful in
explaining what ASCII is. If you're looking for a linkable resource that
actually is helpful, how about <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII>?

- That being said, I think a reference to ISO/IEC 646 would be
acceptable as well; this one is re-published by ECMA as ECMA-006, which
is available online
(<http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-006.htm>)

Best regards, Julian