Re: Processing of &prod_id= in attributes

Adam Barth wrote:
> [...]
> Recall that ∏ is an HTML entity.  According to my reading of
> <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/tokenization.html#tokenizing-character-references>,
> we ought to consume the "&prod" in an attribute as a named entity.

You ought to consume characters matching one of the identifiers in the
first column of the named character references table
<http://whatwg.org/html#named-character-references>.

That table includes "prod;" but not "prod", so you should never consume
just "prod".

> Notice, however, that when we use &pound; in a similar way, Minefield
> does consume "&pound" as a named entity:

The table includes both "pound;" and "pound", so it can be consumed when
the semicolon is missing.

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk