Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:54:42 -0400
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:10 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> It should also be noted that the change proposal does not give enough
> detail for the spec to be edited to address the proposal. Merely
> making the "usemap" attribute legal on <canvas> doesn't do anything to
> make usemap="" actually work on <canvas>.

If this were true, it would invalidate the original Change Proposal,
if I understand correctly.  However, I looked at the spec for usemap
and didn't see anything that looked ambiguous.  What's an example
sentence in the spec that you don't think can be changed unambiguously
based on just "Add the usemap attribute to the canvas element"?  You'd
have to update the image map processing model too, but I don't see
anything where it would be unclear how to change it to get it to work
as expected.