Re: Differences between the W3C and WHATWG specifications

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Sam Ruby wrote:

> I understand that Ian fixed a bug.  What I don't understand (and the
> context here is the topic of convergence) is why Ian agreed to fix that
> bug, but only in the W3C copy of the spec.

I made the change only in the W3C version because I believe it's a bad
change, but did not believe it was bad enough to argue against.

> Either there is a problem with it or there is not. To fix it in just
> one spec is, in itself, an indication that convergence is felt to be
> an important criteria.

Fair enough. Since I feel, as you do, that convergence is an important
criteria, I've done as you suggest and reverted the change from the
W3C copy.

HTH,