Re: some conformance questions

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:13:25 +0200
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: "Aryeh Gregor" <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "HTMLWG WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:58:54 +0200, Daniel Glazman
> This is going to drastically impact some big web sites on one hand and
> more importantly mozilla add-ons all relying on the current
> about:blank containing a minimal HTML document. I am not sure _at all_
> this is a good idea.

You realize that an empty text/html document creates a minimal HTML
document per the HTML parser right? The difference from what Mozilla has
now is that there no longer is a <title> element and no longer is a
DOCTYPE.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/