Re: Differences between the W3C and WHATWG specifications

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:20:26 -0400
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> I think it's bad to publish working drafts, and to tell people not to look
> at them. There's a reason snapshots are published.

I think it's bad to publish working drafts, period.  They're not more
stable than editor's drafts in any useful respect, but they're so
outdated that they're practically useless.  I guess we need to publish
snapshots sometimes for patent-policy disclosure purposes or for
various other procedural reasons, but they should be shoved under the
rug as much as possible in favor of editor's drafts.