table layout conformance (was: some conformance questions)

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:37:18 +0200
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Le 17/06/10 18:15, Steven Faulkner a écrit :

>  >No. It's a design error, not a conformance error.
> from the HTML5 spec:
> "Tables must not be used as layout aids. Historically, some Web authors
> have misused tables in HTML as a way to control their page layout. This
> usage is non-conforming"
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/tabular-data.html#tabular-data

Thanks for letting me know. I am then officially objecting to that
last sentence of this paragraph in the spec, and I want it to be
removed.

No conformance checker can test this so this cannot be a conformance
criterium. A content editing tool will never be able to enforce such a
criterium.

</Daniel>