Re: some conformance questions

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:03:56 +0200
To: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Le 17/06/10 10:37, Steven Faulkner a écrit :

> what are the use cases for data tables with headers <th>?

That's a joke I presume ?

> what are the use cases for a single cell data table?

Tables that are not completed yet or can be dynamically completed
by the reader.

> what are the use cases for headings containing multiple sentences?

I have at least dozens of books in my personal library with such
headers.

   "Où l'on apprend la mort de Cléopâtre. Où l'on découvre le destin de
    son héritier."

> under what circumstances does it make sense for a page with only a
> heading to be considered conforming?
> Under what circumstances does it make sense for a page without any
> content in the body and no content in the title to be considered conforming?

Are you seriously asking to make about:blank invalid ???

> Under what circumstances does it make sense for a list with no content
> to be considered conforming?

I must admit I could not believe my eyes when I saw this list of
questions. Conformance is about TECHNICAL conformance and does not imply
anything about the contents of a document instance.

> That sounds reasonable, but what about cases where there are empty elements <h1> for example in a published document?

Templates. Templates are HTML documents that are not 100% filled yet
and still have to be conformant.

</Daniel>