Re: some conformance questions

Hi Henri,
>I realize you are posting questions to make a point to Hixie,

I don't think its wise to make assumptions about my motivation for posting
these. If i wanted to make a point to hixie i would make it to him. Yes
these questions have arisen because of the current discussions, but I am not
trying to make a point to hixie, I am trying to better understand the issues
and thinking around what is considered a conformance error and why.

>A presentation by Daniel Glazman at XTech 2006 convinced me that empty
structures should be valid. Letting them be valid makes it easier to develop
editors >that maintain validity at each editing operation and don't allow
invalid intermediate states.

That sounds reasonable, but what about cases where there are empty elements
<h1> for example in a published document?

regards
stevef

--
with regards