Re: Change proposal for ISSUE-85

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:02:18 +0000 (UTC)
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, public-html@w3.org
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Steven makes the case that this reasoning also applies to style
> attributes and href attributes with javascript: schemes.  See also bug
> 9872:
>
> Care to update your proposal to address (either by incorporation or
> refutation) this?

I don't understand the relevance of that statement to this issue. Are you
saying that we should be encouraging the use of style="" attribute and
href="javascript:" attributes? That would seem to fly in the face of a
decade of accessibility advocacy. Could you elaborate on how you see these
points affecting this issue?